The club ride this coming weekend is cancelled due to a weather warning in place for ice on sunday.
The Mountbatten Track is closed for refurbishment for the last session of the year on the 19th of December. Club sessions will begin again in the new year on the 9th of January. Thanks to all those that have helped make a success of the nights this year, and everyone who has come out to make use of the track.
Looking forward to more Monday night training sessions in 2023.
The club award winners for Time Trials, Road/Circuit and Contribution are all now fully updated on the website.
This year we’ll be showcasing the awards, events competition results, time trial league tables and more. And a diverse calendar of racing events with additional opportunities to compete, volunteer and support locally as a club.
- Full, varied Time Trial Event calendar for road and TT bikes ( events run fortnightly on Thursday evenings);
- First Time Trial, 31st March
- Open TT on 19th June (provisional)
- PNE National B Road Race on 23rd April.
- PNE Summer Road Race on 11th June .
- …for the first time in over 60 yrs a Circuit Race Series (from 4th May fortnightly at Mountbatten on Wednesday evenings, 10 in total).
- Hill Climb TT Finale, 18th September
Two charities benefited from this years prize giving raffle.
Cycling Without Age Portsmouth has received £180 from our 2021 Prize Giving Charity Raffle. We proud to support this local cycling charity that works to reduce social isolation in our community and look forward to seeing you guys and on the road.
Back Up has received an incredible £135 in total, including gift aid and multiplier, from our 2021 Prize Giving Charity Raffle. Portsmouth North End Cycling Club continues to support Back-Up in dear memory of Martin Randle.
Thanks again to the members that donated and obtained prizes, amazing work.
Thanks to our volunteers, coaches, welfare staff, club development team and committee. Also British Cycling South Region for their encouragement and support to our new volunteers. “Clubmark accreditation recognises that the club observes best practice in child protection, coaching and competition, equity and club management. ” A foundation for the club to grow junior and youth participation for 2022.In a busy year this is just amazing
The MET Office has issued a Yellow Weather Warning for Sunday, therefore the club ride is sadly cancelled. Please take care if you are riding this weekend
The club is now using the Club Management solution provided by British Cycling. The Club Management solution is free to the club and users as part of our BC affiliation and replaces the former PNECC members area system which was unsupported. Quick introduction tips:
- Login to your dashboard, check & update personal contact or emergency information.
- Check your email/ spam for PNE Club emails & newsletters sent via British Cycling,
Thank to all for this solution which will simplifies 2022 membership renewals and joiningContinue reading “Membership System Update”
After so many months of being apart all members, friends and family are invited to join the annual social evening and prize giving this year in the Mountbatten Centre Function Suite, Saturday 27th November from 18:00 until 22:00. The evening will include a welcome drink and meal, prize presentation and local charity raffle with varied prizes.
£10 for adults, under 16 are free. RSVP to email@example.com to purchase tickets, and make your meal choices.
The October Committee Minutes are now online. Key points
- Website update team ready for launch
- Club Membership Manager now running on club BC Web page
- 2022 Financial year starts, 2022 budget prep
- Addition of Nopinz to the club shop.
- 2021 Committee award nominations
- Approvals, UCI trip, Prize evening, Trophy Protection
- AGM nominations and prep
- Committee members reports.
“Come and Try” – Group Riding with PNE Coaching
- 6th Nov – 10:45 to 13:00 at Mountbatten Cycle Track
- Group riding skills Group & Speed group- British Cycling Qualified Coaches.
- To book a place contact firstname.lastname@example.org