Sunday Club Rides are a PNE institution! Rides start at 9.00am outside the George Inn, Cosham. Rides include a café stop and finish near to the George Inn at approx 12:45. Non-members are welcome on try out weekends, see out Come and Try page.
Currently up to 4 groups of varying pace follow a pre-planned routes.
- SOCIAL, 25 miles to cafe. 30 in total. Ave speed 13-14mph/22kph (new members & try outs)
- PROGRESSIVE, 35miles to cafe, 40+ in total, Ave speed 16mph/25kph
- INTER, 40 miles to cafe, 45+ in total, Ave speed 18mph,/29kph
- SPORT, 45 miles to cafe, 50+ in total, Ave speed 20mph/32kph
Wearing of PNECC Club Kit is encouraged on Club Rides.
The club and members orgnised special club ride events throughout the year .
- Saturday Spring Classic Omloop Het Portsdown, preferrably combined with a post ride beer watching the pros on the bergs.
- Summer Special at the end of June, our club anniversary month. Somewhere different.
- Isle of Wight Randonee, groups will commonly join the annual Tour de Wight.
- Christmas Wednesday ride and breakfast at Woodie
These events are coordinated by small groups of volunteers. If you wish to contribute, be part or have a suggested event just contact email@example.com. Details of all proposed Specials are communicated to all members by email and social media.
“….. according to the archives, when actual club kit was only worn by track cyclist and tweed was the order of the day on club rides, members turning up on Sundays without their brass blue/gold badges were fined tuppence by the Club Captain. Just one of the reasons why that little badge is printed on our club tops 😉”. Credit to Paul Martin, PNECC