The success of Timetrials relies on capable and willing volunteers. There are many non-riding opportunities to be involved and support .
The Events are organised and conducted by club volunteers, we would welcome any offer of assistance. The club provided training and accreditation support to our volunteers.
- Time Keeper – we will show you how to do the start first then you will shadow one of our existing timekeepers to practice doing the finish.
- Pusher – hold the riders and bike upright at the start so the rider can clip in.
- Putting out the signs – This involves putting out the signs as shown in the risk assessment and checking the course – it would be helpful if you can store the signs at home in a garage if you are going to do it regularly or you could pick them up from the start if doing it infrequently.
- Collecting the signs – This is even simpler than putting them out. You would be required to pick up any riders that have punctured and be on the lookout for any riders that have DNF and not reported back to the HQ. signs are dropped off at the HQ.
- Opening the HQ – commonly the club wlll use Wickham community centre as our HQ. The HQ will be locked up once the last rider has gone to the start line. we need a rider that is happy to be first off, that can collect the key to HQ from the finishing time keeper once they have finished, open up the HQ and turn on the coffee machine.
- Marshalls – There are a couple of courses where we need a marshal. You would be required to warn the riders of oncoming traffic and make a note of each rider as they pass.
- First Aid – it would be helpful to know who is able to offer basic first aid and is happy to assist in the event of an accident.
- Photographers– high quality pictures from set-up & sign on, on route, riders, volunteers all promotes and recognises the efforts of riders, volunteers and inform and encourage participation. Pictures will be posted to club social media.
All volunteers might be asked to assist in the event of an accident, so any first aiders are much appreciated. many of these role can be performed by riders of the event