PNECC operate an active calendar of Club and Open Time Trial events within the region.
The club is affiliated to Cycling Time Trials (CTT) which is the UK governing body for Time Trials. The club us based within CTT South District our events are conducted in accordance with the CTT guidelines.
- PNECC Time trials are open for all to enter or Come and Try and run every fortnight on a Thursday.
- Time Trail run from the Start of April to the end of September. The Thursday Time Trials are typically run out of Wickham Community Centre.
- You will need a bike (preferably a road bike), a helmet that fits and a working rear light.
- Competitors need to be age 12 or over. Under 18 riders will need to provide a completed Cycling Time Trials Parental Consent form, which you can fill in when you sign on or here.
- If you like it TTs why not join PNE and compete in our Club Time Trial League.
- Member can also qualify to officiate and volunteer. For more info see our volunteers page
Start TT of the year, the Open TT and Annual Hill Climb
- Our first Time Trial of the season is a restricted gear competition. The rider must ride in the same gear ratio throughout the course, this is 72″ or the closest gear ratio you can get under this, calculate gear ratios here. The bike does not have to be a fixed wheel, i.e. you can have a free wheel.
- The club also hosts a 25 mile open event in June.
- Our last Time Trial of the season is a Hill Climb that runs from Southwick to the top of Portsdown Hill. It is run on a Sunday morning before the start of the Club Run. This completion also has it’s own trophy the Ern Chatfield Memorial Hill Climb Shield.
PNECC Annual Time Trial League Points Competition & Categories
- Full PNECC Members can compete in the club league for our awards.
- The fastest rider in each club time trail wins 50 points, 2nd gets 49 points, 3rd gets 48 points and so on…. we then take the riders best results from all but two of the club events we run that year, so you can afford miss a couple.
- The rider with the most points at the end of the season wins the Glenn Syder Salver Trophy. Awards are also given for the highest points from fastest Female, U18, 19-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50 & 50+
- The Club also runs a road bike bike league that runs with the same scoring system but you must ride on a bike without TT / Tri bars. i.e you cannot support your weight on elbow or forearms.
Portsmouth North End Club events are managed on a specific website, to find a full calendar of this years events, course details, start and sign on times, HQ address, start sheet, results. Link to the Timetrial Website.
In addition there is a regional calendar of events – South Region, Open Events